Connect with us

Segui LiberoReporter su Google

Aggiungici alle tue Fonti Preferite per ricevere i nostri articoli in evidenza nelle tue ricerche quotidiane!

International-News

Israel, strike and protests by hostages’ families

Demonstrations in Tel Aviv and London to demand an end to the war and the release of Hamas prisoners

The families of hostages, fallen soldiers, and victims of the October 7, 2023, Hamas attacks have called for a general strike in Israel next Sunday. The mobilization, they explain, is to demand an end to the war and protest against the government’s plan to occupy Gaza City. “Next Sunday, we will take a break to say: enough, stop the war, return the hostages. It’s in your hands,” said Reut Recht-Edri, mother of Ido Edri, who was killed by Hamas at the Nova festival, at a press conference in Tel Aviv.

Protests also in London
In the afternoon, a “National March for the Hostages” is planned in London, organized by Stop the Hate UK and various Jewish organizations. The demonstration, which will end in front of Downing Street, will call on British Prime Minister Keir Starmer to prioritize the release of prisoners before recognizing the Palestinian state. Among the participants will be Noga Guttman, cousin of 24-year-old Evyatar David — seen in a recent video filmed in a Gaza tunnel in very serious condition — and the family members of Avinatan Or, kidnapped at the Nova festival along with his girlfriend Noa Argamani.

Political tensions in the Israeli government
On the domestic front, pressure from far-right ministers is growing. Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich reportedly threatened to bring down the government and lead the country to early elections after the decision to launch a new offensive to occupy Gaza City. Smotrich said he had “lost confidence” in the prime minister’s ability to achieve a “decisive victory.” National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir called for ‘immediate’ measures to “bring down the PNA” and called for “the conquest of all of Gaza, the transfer of the population, and colonization.”

📰 LiberoReporter su Google News
Segui tutte le notizie senza perderne una
SEGUI ORA →

Situation in the West Bank and Gaza
Defense Minister Israel Katz announced that Israeli forces will remain in the refugee camps of Jenin, Tulkarem, and Nur Shams at least until the end of the year, calling them “hotbeds of terrorism” supported by Iran. Meanwhile, in the Gaza Strip, the local Ministry of Health reports five more victims of starvation in the last 24 hours, including two children. Since the beginning of the conflict, 217 civilians, including 100 minors, are reported to have died of starvation.

According to the IDF, more than 1,310 aid trucks, mostly carrying food, have entered Gaza in the last week. However, the United Nations estimates that at least 500-600 trucks per day are needed to assist the more than two million inhabitants of the Strip, and it is unclear how much of the aid actually reaches the population.

THE LATEST NEWS

Harry and Meghan Plan Return to UK After Years in California

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to move back to Britain at the end of the month, with...
Read More
Harry and Meghan Plan Return to UK After Years in California

Trump Says He Plans to Meet Kim Jong-un by Year’s End

The U.S. president says he intends to meet North Korea’s leader after Washington scaled back joint military exercises with South...
Read More
Trump Says He Plans to Meet Kim Jong-un by Year’s End

Queen Camilla Opens Up About King Charles III’s Cancer Diagnosis

In a new Buckingham Palace video, Camilla describes the difficulty of keeping her husband’s diagnosis private and says the experience...
Read More
Queen Camilla Opens Up About King Charles III’s Cancer Diagnosis

Hayden Panettiere Death Investigation: Dramatic Emergency Audio Details Emerge

Dramatic emergency audio logs reveal new details on Hayden Panettiere’s tragic passing at 36. Paramedics report a suspected overdose in...
Read More
Hayden Panettiere Death Investigation: Dramatic Emergency Audio Details Emerge

Luigi Mangione to Plead Guilty in Federal Case

The 28-year-old Italian American defendant is prepared to accept responsibility in the federal case over the killing of UnitedHealthcare CEO...
Read More
Luigi Mangione to Plead Guilty in Federal Case

Le Conseil constitutionnel rejette l’interdiction des réseaux sociaux aux moins de 15 ans

Les Sages jugent disproportionnée l’atteinte portée à la liberté d’expression des moins de 15 ans. Emmanuel Macron demande au gouvernement...
Read More
Le Conseil constitutionnel rejette l’interdiction des réseaux sociaux aux moins de 15 ans

(Photo: © AndKronos)

LATEST NEWS

Carburanti, la benzina supera i 2 euro: gasolio ancora più caro 
Carburanti, la benzina supera i 2 euro: gasolio ancora più caro 
Trump annuncia nuova offensiva economica contro l’Iran: “Conseguenze enormi per chi lo aiuta”
Trump annuncia nuova offensiva economica contro l’Iran: “Conseguenze enormi per chi lo aiuta”
West Nile, aumentano i casi in Italia: 312 infezioni e 13 morti
West Nile, aumentano i casi in Italia: 312 infezioni e 13 morti
Iran, quali obiettivi può colpire in Europa? Fianco sudorientale esposto
Iran, quali obiettivi può colpire in Europa? Fianco sudorientale esposto
Ambasciatore americano Tilman J. Fertitta elogia Meloni: “Leader di livello mondiale”
Ambasciatore americano Tilman J. Fertitta elogia Meloni: “Leader di livello mondiale”
Caldo in Italia, la nuova ondata rallenta: domani scendono i bollini arancioni
Caldo in Italia, la nuova ondata rallenta: domani scendono i bollini arancioni
Harry and Meghan Plan Return to UK After Years in California
Harry and Meghan Plan Return to UK After Years in California
Ucraina, il Nabu perquisisce la vice di Zelensky: poi arriva la rimozione
Ucraina, il Nabu perquisisce la vice di Zelensky: poi arriva la rimozione
Sonia Bellina, il cadavere trovato nella vigna è suo: fermati due uomini
Sonia Bellina, il cadavere trovato nella vigna è suo: fermati due uomini
Trump Says He Plans to Meet Kim Jong-un by Year’s End
Trump Says He Plans to Meet Kim Jong-un by Year’s End
Queen Camilla Opens Up About King Charles III’s Cancer Diagnosis
Queen Camilla Opens Up About King Charles III’s Cancer Diagnosis
Ricina, nuovi accertamenti caso di Pietracatella: la Procura chiarisce cosa è emerso
Ricina, nuovi accertamenti caso di Pietracatella: la Procura chiarisce cosa è emerso
Scomparsa a 14 anni da Rezzato, ricerche senza sosta: l’ultimo avvistamento e come era vestita
Scomparsa a 14 anni da Rezzato, ricerche senza sosta: l’ultimo avvistamento e come era vestita
Flavio Santoiemma resta detenuto a Malta: udienza rinviata al 26 agosto
Flavio Santoiemma resta detenuto a Malta: udienza rinviata al 26 agosto
Temporali, grandine e vento: scatta l’allerta arancione in Lombardia, ecco dove
Temporali, grandine e vento: scatta l’allerta arancione in Lombardia, ecco dove
Uccisa in un agrumeto nel Cosentino, fermato il marito della donna di 72 anni
Uccisa in un agrumeto nel Cosentino, fermato il marito della donna di 72 anni
Iran, dopo 6 mesi nessuna svolta: Trump sotto pressione tra guerra, Hormuz e Midterm
Iran, dopo 6 mesi nessuna svolta: Trump sotto pressione tra guerra, Hormuz e Midterm
Ultraleggero scomparso in Calabria, trovato relitto: a bordo Carlo Arnulfo e Angela Buccico
Ultraleggero scomparso in Calabria, trovato relitto: a bordo Carlo Arnulfo e Angela Buccico
Incendio in un hotel in India, almeno 9 morti: tra le vittime anche un bambino
Incendio in un hotel in India, almeno 9 morti: tra le vittime anche un bambino
Preservativo rotto: come evitare confusione dopo un imprevisto
Preservativo rotto: come evitare confusione dopo un imprevisto